Friday, September 14, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned before how wonderfully kind and cordial we have found the people in Maine to be.  We were very surprised at how quiet, mannerly and really very very sweet everyone is.  Unlike what we have been led to believe about New England folk, we have not found them to be overly cautious or suspicious of newcomers.  We have really had a very nice reception here!

One thing I will say, however, about the people is that they will say what is on their mind.   As we have been traveling around the state, visiting different areas and learning about the people, we have come across some pretty amusing signs that I thought I would share.  Maybe it is their frankness I love so much.  Here's a few examples of what I mean:

Well, there you have it!  While most areas in the country feel that a simple no parking sign would be sufficient, clearly not this particular owner in Portland, ME.  Obviously for good reason.....

This is another sign we found totally amusing.... JUST in case you don't know where you've stopped, the sign above crafts and antiques says it all:

I know it is hard to read - the store is called Wayside Tea Room.  However, once you park the words on the right hand side let you know, "We are not a restaurant".

And for all of you with sticky fingers, when you come to visit do NOT shop here:

If you can't read it, here's what it says..."ABSOLUTELY NO STEALING ALLOWED" (we just really don't like it!).

Honestly, these people are awesome!!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment